Book Cheap Flights to Spain from South Africa
Uncover the breath-taking scenery, culinary delights and architectural wonders of the Spaniards, with cheap international flights to Spain, flying direct from South Africa.
Celebrate all the good things in life – fine wine, delicious food, glorious weather, soulful music and so much more when touching down on Spanish soil. With a rich heritage and some of the most welcoming locals the world over, a holiday in Spain will be one to remember.
Cheap International Flights offers some of the best flight tickets to Spain, and with our user-friendly search and book feature, it’s never been easier to book your dream getaway!
Cost of Flights from South Africa to Spain
We analyse searches for flights from South Africa to Spain that have been made during the last 24 hours. The tables below show the top 5 cheapest flights from Johannesburg, Cape town and Durban, South Africa to Barcelona in Spain.
The Best Time to Book Cheap International Flights to Spain
The colder low season in Spain falls from November – February, where hotel and flight prices are generally at their lowest. For the mountainous regions and ski resorts, this is considered high season.
September – October and March – May are considered ‘shoulder season’ and a good time to travel throughout Spain with mild weather and fewer crowds.
High season falls from June – August and is considered a very overcrowded, busy time to visit Spain, with accommodation and flight prices at their most expensive.
Book Cheap Flights from Spain with the Following Airlines
Spain is serviced by a number of both domestic and international airports. The country’s four main international airports are: Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas International, situated in Madrid – the country’s busiest airport, Barcelona-El Prat International, found in Barcelona, Palma De Mallorca International, in Mallorca and Málaga-Costa Del Sol, situated in Málaga.
Some of the most prominent airlines serving the country’s busiest international airport: Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas International include:
- Aegean Airlines
- Aer Lingus
- Air Canada
- Air China
- Air Europa
- Air France
- American Airlines
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- Delta Air Lines
- Easy Jet
- Egypt Air
- Ethiopian Airlines
- Etihad Airways
- LATAM Brazil
- Qatar Airways
- Turkish Airlines
- United Airlines
International Airports in Spain
Spain’s two busiest international airports are Madrid’s Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas International and Barcelona-El Prat International, found in Barcelona.
More casually known as Madrid–Barajas Airport, it is the main international airport serving Spain and its capital, Madrid. At 3,050 ha, it is the largest airport in Europe. In 2016, 50.4 million passengers passed through Madrid–Barajas airport, making it the country’s largest and busiest airport, as well as the 6th busiest in all of Europe.
Getting To and From the Airport and Exploring Spain
Both main international airports in Spain: Madrid–Barajas Airport and Barcelona’s El Prat International are well connected to city centres and main tourist areas via Metro rail, public bus or private bus and taxi hire.
Getting around Spain is a breeze for travellers as it offers one of the most efficient and modern public transport systems in all of Europe. The country offers a well-organised train system, extensive domestic air network and well-maintained road network for bus routes connecting all corners of Spain.
Top Tourist Attractions, Places of Interest and Events in Spain
This fascinating country, with a history dating back centuries, is sure to have something to amaze even the most seasoned of travellers. Top sights to see include:
- La Sagrada Familia – this medieval church found in Barcelona is the most visited monument in Spain!
- Salvador Dali’s Teatre-Museu Dali – a theatre museum showcasing the artists incredible imagination, found in Figueres in Catalonia
- Park Güell – a magical, enchanting garden landscape crafted by the hand of world famous artist, Gaudi, which can be found in Barcelona
- The Museu Picasso – an ode to the artist Picasso, show-casing his famous works of art in Barcelona.
- Buen Retiro Park, a gorgeous 19th-century park found in Madrid
- The Royal Palace of Madrid
- Puerta del Sol – Madrid’s largest public square and a hub of activity
Food in Spain
Food is an integral part of Spanish culture with its rich and tumultuous history. Each region of Spain – once a collection of distinct kingdoms, boasts their own unique cuisines and flavours.
Some top Spanish dishes to sample include:
- Tortilla Espanola – the famous Spanish omelette
- Gazpacho or salmorejo – a chilled, spicy tomato soup
- Pisto – Spanish ratatouille, best eaten as ‘tapa’, an appetizer
- Cured meats – such as jamon, chorizo, salchichón
- Paella – a rich, hearty rice dish made with seafood, chicken or rabbit
- Leche Frita – also known as ‘fried milk’, a classic Spanish dessert
Know What Visa You Need Before You Book Cheap Flights to Spain
South African passport holders must apply for a Schengen Visa before entering Spain and applications must be sent to the Embassy of Spain in Pretoria or Cape Town. This visa allows for 90 days of travel, while travellers must apply for this visa at least two – three months before their intended travel date.
Fun and Interesting Facts about Spain
- Spain is officially known as the Kingdom of Spain and is the second largest country in Europe
- Spanish is the second-most commonly spoken language in the world
- Nudity is 100% legal in Spain
- Don Quixote, written by Spaniard, Spain Cervantes, is considered to be the first modern novel ever written
- Spain is home to 44 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Spain produces over half of the world’s olive oil
Book Tickets Online With Cheap International Flights
Live your dream holiday with a trip to Spain with one of our amazing flight specials flying direct from South Africa, offered by Cheap International Flights.
Your ultimate European getaway is just a click away with Cheap Flight’s super simple search and book feature!