Book Cheap International Flights to Paris from South Africa
Set foot on the iconic Champs-Élysées and discover the instantly recognisable sights of the ‘city of love’ with cheap international flights to Paris, flying direct from South Africa.
With its glamourous avenues, lamp-lit bridges criss-crossing the river Seine, chic boutiques, countless sidewalk cafes and priceless works of architecture, Paris is everything you have imagined and more. Whether you’re a first-time visitor, or returning for the umpteenth time, Paris never gets old, and with some of the cheapest international flights from South Africa, there really is no need to put off your Parisian holiday any longer!
Cost of Flights from South Africa to Paris
We analyse searches for flights from South Africa to Paris that have been made during the last 24 hours. The tables below show the top 5 cheapest flights from Johannesburg, Cape town and Durban, South Africa to Paris, France.
The Best Time to Book Cheap International Flights to Paris
The spring (April – May) and autumn months (September – October) in Paris are generally the best time to visit. Flights during this time are readily available and far more affordable.
Peak season falls during the city’s summer months (June – August) and the city becomes overcrowded with tourists. During this time flights are at their most expensive. The winter months fall from November – February, this not the best time to visit Paris as the weather tends to be wet and unpleasant.
Book Cheap Flights from Paris, with the Following Airlines
Paris is serviced by three airports, with Charles de Gaulle Airport being the largest airport in France and the country’s international travel hub. The airport also serves as the principal hub for national airlines, Air France, as well as a European hub for fellow SkyTeam alliance partner, Delta Air Lines.
Charles de Gaulle Airport is serviced by the following international air carriers:
- Air Canada
- Air China
- Air France
- Air India
- Air Mauritius
- Air Seychelles
- American Airlines
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- Delta Airlines
- Egypt Air
- Ethiopian Airlines
- Etihad Airways
- Kenya Airways
- LATAM Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- Singapore Airlines
- Turkish Airlines
- United Airlines
Getting Around Paris
Travellers have access to the RER train service departing directly from the airport, calling at stations throughout the city. The Roissybus and its night bus service is also available, departing from the Roissypôle coach station at the airport. Keep in mind local taxi services can be extremely expensive!
One of the best ways to discover Paris is simply on foot, even though it is also home to one of the most inexpensive public transport systems in Europe. The Metro and RER train service is the fastest way to get around and runs from 5.30am – 2.15am on weekends.
Bicycle hire is readily available and you can pick up and drop off bikes from over 1800 Vélib bike stations across the city.
Buses also run throughout the city while the Batobus, a hop-on-hop-off boat service also runs along the river Seine, stopping off at nine key destinations across Paris.
Top Tourist Attractions, Places of Interest and Events in the City
Paris is one of those cities where you could, quite possibly, spend a week and not have seen it all! Here are just a few of the top sights to see while exploring Paris:
- Musée du Louvre, the world’s most visited museum & where the Mona Lisa lives!
- Notre Dame Cathedral – a true masterpiece of French Gothic architecture
- Sacré-Cœur & the outstanding views over Paris city
- The Eiffel Tower – pre-book your tickets online to avoid waiting in ticketing queues!
- The Arc de Triomphe & its famous Étoile round-about
- The Champs-Élysées, Paris’ most well-known shopping street
Food in Paris
Paris is known as the gastronomic capital of the world and the birth place of many delicacies loved the world over. With its Michelin-star eateries and some of the freshest produce in all the world, foodies eat your heart out! On your visit make sure to sample:
- Authentic French macarons at Laduree
- A fresh falafel wrap at L’as du Fallafel, rated one of the best in the world!
- Gelato at Pozzetto
- Traditional French crepes and crème brulee at L’Avant Comptoir
- World-class chocolate and caramels from chocolaterie, Jacques Genin
- Pain au Chocolat from Angelina Patisserie
Know What Visa You Need Before You Book Cheap Flights to Paris
South African passport holders must apply for a Schengen Visa before entering France and applications must be sent to the French Embassy in Pretoria or French Consulate in Cape Town. This visa allows for 90 days of travel, while travellers must apply for this visa at least two – three months before their intended travel date.
Fun and Interesting Facts about Paris
- The Eiffel Tower was meant to be temporary installation, built for the World Fair in 1889
- The main bell of the Notre Dame Cathedral is named Emmanuel and weighs over 13 tonnes
- There are a total of 1 803 monuments and 173 museums in Paris
- Paris was originally a Roman city called ‘Lutetia’
- There are at least three replicas of the Statue of Liberty in Paris
- Paris is home to the world’s largest collection of libraries, with 830 of them in total!
Book Tickets Online With Cheap International Flights
Let Paris sweep you off your feet while discovering the magic of this beautifully iconic city.
With Cheap Flights and our convenient, user-friendly search and book function, you could be on your way to fulfilling a life-long dream of making memories in one of the world’s most romantic cities.