Book Cheap International Flights to Denmark
Make your way to one of the ‘happiest countries in the world’ with cheap flights to Denmark and its gorgeous capital city, Copenhagen. There is a reason why Denmark is rated as one of the best countries in the world to live – find out why with Cheap Flights!
With its quaint, compact cities steeped in Nordic history, a visit to Denmark is probably one of the most ‘user-friendly’ and convenient holidays you could have in Europe! While much of the infrastructure is clean and well-organised, making travel a breeze, Denmark’s cities are packed with culture and colourful architecture, locals and cuisine to match.
Denmark is a country where old-world charm meets modern sophistication in a seamless manner. The Danish have mastered the art of ‘Hygge’ – a feeling of contentment, let them show you how it’s done with Cheap International Flights departing directly from Johannesburg to Copenhagen.
The Best Time to Book Cheap International Flights to Denmark
The peak season to visit Denmark is naturally in the summer months from June – August. Featuring long daylight hours, festivals, theme parks, plenty of tourists and high prices. However, the shoulder season which falls from May – June and August – September is one of the best times to visit the country with fewer crowds, more affordable prices and lovely weather to match. Spring time offers fresh local produce and flowers and selected festivals.
Book Cheap Flights from Denmark, with the Following Airlines
Copenhagen Airport is the main international airport serving Denmark and the entire Zealand area surrounding Denmark, as well as a large part of southern Sweden. Well-known as the main international travel hub in Scandinavia, Copenhagen airport is serviced by a plethora of world-class airlines, including:
- Aegean Airlines
- Air Berlin
- Air Cairo
- Air Canada
- Air Europa
- Air France
- Atlantic Airways
- British Airways
- Delta Air Lines
- Easy Jet
- Qatar Airways
- Scandinavian Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- Thomas Cook Airlines Scandinavia
- Turkish Airlines
International Airports in Denmark
While Denmark is serviced by a number of smaller, domestic airports, Copenhagen Airport is the largest international airport in the country, as well as the largest in the Nordic countries of Europe, servicing a total of 29 million passengers in 2016.
Getting To and From the Airport and Exploring Denmark
Upon arriving in Copenhagen, passengers are spoiled for choice when it comes to convenient, modern and affordable transportation options. Travellers have the option of a frequent train service, the Metro rail, a plethora of taxi services and car hire facilities.
Travelling throughout Denmark is a breeze, with fairly priced public transportation and care hire options. Choose to travel by train (metro rail), hire your own vehicle to explore larger towns, hire your own bicycle and enjoy the extensive bike paths linking many towns and the countryside, travel by public bus – there is a local and regional bus system, or travel via ferry to Denmark’s many outlaying, beautiful islands.
Top Tourist Attractions, Places of Interest and Events in Denmark
- Roskilde Cathedral – Roskilde
- The Little Mermaid – Copenhagen
- Tivoli Gardens – Copenhagen
- Rosenborg Castle – Copenhagen
- The Viking Ship Museum – Roskilde
- Kronborg Slot – Helsingør
- Louisiana Museum – North-eastern Zealand
Food in Denmark
If Denmark is well-known for anything, it has to be the Danish pastry. But that’s not all there is to savour, with many a delicious traditional dish to sample across your travels:
- Smørrebrød – open-faced sandwiches topped with raw herring or shrimp, hard-boiled eggs, meat, or vegetables
- Pølser – the Danish version of an American hotdog
- Æbleskiver – small, round pancakes filled with apples. Usually topped with sugar and served with a side of marmalade
- Rødgrød med fløde – a berry soup, eaten as a summer dessert
- Danish cheese – some of the best varieties include: blue cheese, danbo, and Havarti, often serve with raw herring and various fruits.
- Gløgg – traditional mulled wine
Know What Visa You Need Before You Book Cheap Flights to Denmark
If you are a South African passport holder you must apply for a Schengen Visa before entering Denmark, while applications must be sent to the Royal Danish Embassy in Pretoria. The visa allows for 90 days of travel, and it is advised that travellers apply for this visa at least two/three months before their intended travel date.
Fun and Interesting Facts about Denmark
- The UN World Happiness Report has rated Danes as the happiest people on earth two years in a row.
- The Danish lifestyle is characterised by ‘Hygge’ – a cosy feeling of togetherness and contentment. It means relaxing in great company
- A Danish pastry is actually called “wienerbrød” or “Viennese bread” in Denmark
- First acknowledged in 1219, the Danish flag remains the oldest state flag in the world still in use by an independent nation
- 50% of Copenhageners commute to work every day on bicycle – rain or shine!
Book Tickets Online With Cheap International Flights
Experience the Danish way of life with Cheap International Flights and daily flights direct from Johannesburg to Copenhagen.
Hop online, enter your dream destination and Cheap International Flights can help take you there with our user-friendly search and book feature!