Book Cheap International Flights to Australia From South Africa
Australia is a continent that South African’s can relate to either by sport of having family who have moved out there. The country is also very well known by tourists for it’s unique wildlife species including that of the Kangaroo and duck-billed platypus.
The Australian Outback and Great Barrier Reef are major draws to the country and many South African travellers dream of experiencing both of these natural wonders. To book cheap flights to Australia is to start the epic journey of discovery and adventure that you will undoubtedly find in on this wild and beautiful continent.
When it comes to the locals in Australia, most live on the coast in sophisticated cities. These cities host up to 89% of the Australian population and as a result, are a major draw-card and point of interest for those visiting the country. Yes, the scenery and natural beauty will completely envelop you, but when you discover what the cities have to offer, you’ll probably want to stay.
You can venture to Sydney for sandy white beaches, Melbourne for art galleries and fine dining, Darwin for a taste of a tropical paradise, Brisbane for a coastal retreat, Adelaide for festive pub hopping or even Canberra to discover the history and culture of the country.
When booking cheap flights to Australia, don’t forget to put the Great Barrier Reef, the Outback and the Sydney Opera House on the top of your to-do list.
Cost of Flights from South Africa to Australia
We analyse searches for flights from South Africa to Brisbane that have been made during the last 24 hours. The tables below show the top 5 cheapest flights from Johannesburg, Cape town and Durban, South Africa to Brisbane.
Getting Around Australia
Once you have booked your cheap flights to Australia, you’ll need to consider how you’re going to get around. Although Australia is a big country with wide expanses of open land, it’s fairly easy to get around as a tourist.
For getting across the country quickly, you can make use of domestic airlines who offer competitive rates. If you book flights in advance you can get great value local fares during your stay, with the likes of Qantas, Virgin, Jetstar, Tiger Airways and Rex.
The Greyhound bus service offers hop on hop off passes for popular routes and flexible passes depending on the distance travelled. Bus transport is fairly reasonably priced and comfortable.
Self drive tours across the country are often enjoyable and the roads really are well-maintained. You will find car hire options available at the airports and in the cities. This can work out to be more expensive than public transport options. Car hire companies hire out cars, 4WD, caravans and motorbikes.
Train travel is one of the most affordable transport options and offers the opportunity to truly enjoy the scenery. TrainLink, V-Line Trains, Queensland Rail and TransWa offer train transport across and around the country. The Indian Pacific and The Ghan rail journeys sweep across the country and offer top notch on-board comforts.
Cheap Flights to Australian Airports
There are many airports located across Australia. When you book cheap flights from Johannesburg, Cape Town or Durban to Australia, you will land at one of the following international airports:
- Sydney Airport
- Perth Airport
- Brisbane Airport
- Melbourne Airport
- Adelaide Airport
- Darwin International Airport
- Cairns Airport
- Gold Coast Airport
- Hobart International Airport
- Port Hedland International Airport
The Best Time to Visit Australia
It’s best to travel to Australia during the cooler months. The peak season in the country is typically affected by the weather and the Christmas holidays when people are visiting family and friends. The cooler climates and lowest air fares are in Autumn and Winter, which runs from March to August.
The warmer months with significantly higher air fares are in Spring and Summer, which run from November to February. You can book cheap flights to Australia at any time of the year with Cheap International Flights.
Things to do and See in Australia
When booking your flights to Australia, there are so many things to explore and discover. Here’s a list of the top attractions in the country:
- The Great Barrier Reef
- Blue Mountains and Caves
- Great Ocean Road (sightings of Kangaroos and Koalas)
- Sydney Opera House
- Uluru (sacred Australian rock formation)
- Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Fraser Island and fresh water lakes
- Kakadu National Park
- The Rocks (tourist and shopping precinct)
- Barossa Wine Valley
- Royal Botanic Gardens
- The Sunshine Coast
- Taronga Zoo
- The Twelve Apostles Marine National Park
- Bondi Beach
- Daintree Rain Forest
- Kuranda Scenic Railway
Accommodation in Australia
When looking for accommodation in Australia you will be spoiled for choice with a variety of options to suit all budgets.
- Home Stay – some Australian families allow travellers to stay with them for their whole trip or part thereof. Most home stay options are outside of the city but are accessibly by train and bus.
- Hostels and backpackers – these are usually clean, comfortable and close to the city. Hostels are by far the most affordable accommodation option for the South African traveller.
- Share Accommodation – some home owners in Australia open their homes to travellers to the country. Travellers are hosted in a homely environment and can meet other travellers visiting at the same time. All bills are shared. This is a very popular accommodation option especially for young and student travellers.
- Hotels and guest houses – these are also fairly popular, but slightly more expensive than the other options available.
Some Interesting Facts About Australia
- Australia is the world’s 6th largest country by area size.
- The country is home to the world’s largest reef system called The Great Barrier Reef.
- Australia hosted the Olympic Games twice. Once in 1956 and then again in 2000.
- Australia was the second country in the world to allow women to vote.
- The world’s oldest fossil (over 3 billion years old) was found in this country.
Book Cheap International Flights to Australia
Australia is a popular destination for South African travellers and with our convenient flight search feature, you can find cheap flights to suit your needs. Book your trip to Australia with Cheap International Flights today.