Book Cheap International Flights to Shanghai Pudong International International Airport (PVG)
Getting a true taste of Chinese culture and lifestyle is made simple when you book cheap flights to Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG) from South Africa. A number of international carriers offer flights into this particular airport and it’s a great place to begin your travels and adventures in China. PVG Airport is one of two international airports in Shanghai, which is a sought after destination for tourists from all over the world.
Shanghai itself has spans of charm and then some to spare! The city is jam packed with skyscrapers and one can enjoy a bowl of local noodles or soup for next to nothing. Wander the streets and soak in the architecture, explore the rich local history and taste of the mouthwatering Chinese cuisine. Interesting entertainment and art and a buzzing nightlife also await you. Do you want to start your travels of China in Shanghai? We offer cheap international flights to Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG) to get you started.
Overview of the Shanghai Pudong International Airport
The PVG Airport serves mainly international flights and is just 30km from the city centre. The airport site measures 40 square kilometres. It lies adjacent to the eastern Pudong coastline and has two main passenger terminals and four runways. Inside the airport building you will find foreign currency exchange counters, ATMs for both Chinese and foreign funded banks, transport centre, luggage storage desks and lost and found. There is an on-site post office and all restaurants, coffee shops and bars can be found mainly on the third floor of both terminals. In terms of shopping, there is plenty to find in the designer brand stores, gift stores and duty free shops. Communication facilities in the airport will help you to keep in touch with family and friends and includes the likes of free Wi-Fi access, telephones, mobile phone charging stations and static internet stations. Other facilities include baby changing and feeding areas, a pharmacy and also transit beds that are made available on a per hour basis. The exterior of terminal 1 is shaped like a seagull whereas terminal 2 has a wave design.
Transport to and Shanghai Pudong International Airport
Getting to and from the PVG airport is made fairly simple with a wealth of transportation options available. The following options can be used both to and from the airport:
- Rail: the Metro Line 2 which can be identified by its green colour offers routes into and out of
- Bus: the bus service is an affordable way to get around and has departures from the airport and various stations in the city every 15 to 25 minutes.
- Maglev: this is a high speed rail service that travels at around 300km per hour. The fares can be quite high for this service and there are economy and various VIP transit options available. This service is usually available between 6.45am and 9.30pm only.
- Taxis: taxis typically operate between 5am and 11pm daily. If you are travelling on a budget, be careful as this is probably the most expensive form of a transport as they charge per km.
- Airport shuttles: this service offers departures every ten minutes and is an affordable way to get between terminals as well as to and from the airport building.
- Long distance coaches: these leave at various times from the airport and city stations. It’s best to consult with a schedule to ensure that you have the correct times and stations for your trip.
Cheap Flights To Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG)
Airlines that Fly Between South Africa and Shanghai
You can book cheap flights from Johannesburg, Cape Town or Durban to Shanghai, China, with a number of international carriers. At the PVG airport you will find the following airlines operating flights between South Africa and China:
In Terminal 1 you will find offices for China Eastern Airlines, China United, Delta Airlines, Korean Air, Jin Air, Qantas Airways, Sri Lankan Airlines, Shanghai Air, Air France, China Airlines, Japan Airlines, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, South African Airways. In Terminal 2 you will find American Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Ethiopian Airlines, Iberia Airlines, Lufthansa, Air Mauritius, Australian Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, Air Canada, Thai Airways, Air India, British Airways, Etihad Airways, Swiss Air, Turkish Airlines, United Airlines, Air China, Emirates, Malaysia Airlines, Qatar Airways and Singapore Air.
Shanghai Pudong International Airport Statistics
The airport which consists of 70 boarding bridges and 218 aircraft parking positions has the capacity to manage 20 million passengers in terminal 1 and 60 million passengers in terminal 2. In 2016, the airport transported just over 66 million passengers. The airport currently hosts 104 airlines and serves over 210 destinations.
When booking cheap flights to Shanghai Pudong International Airport, you will find that there are several airport hotels that are fairly affordable too. These include the following:
- Dazhong Airport Hotel – 3 star hotel.
- Ramada Pudong Airport Hotel – 4 star hotel.
- Vienna International Pudong Airport Hotel.
- Jinjiang Inn Shanghai Pudong Airport Hotel – 2 star hotel.
Book Cheap International Flights to PVG Airport
If you’re keen to get exploring China, Shanghai is the perfect starting point. Book cheap flights from South Africa to PVG airport by making use of our convenient flight search feature. Take advantage of the latest specials and travel discounts with Cheap International Flights today.