Book Cheap International Flights To And From Germany With Lufthansa
Book cheap international flights with Lufthansa and fly to a whole host of destinations from South Africa. Lufthansa is Germany’s largest airline as well as the largest airline in Europe. It was founded in January 1953 and commenced operations in 1955. Lufthansa is also one of the founding members of the Star Alliance which was founded in 1997.
This airline operates flights to hundreds of international destinations, rewarding passengers with the Miles & More frequent flyer program. Miles can be earned with every flight booked and can be used for flight fare discounts and to shop online.
At Cheap International Flights we offer a variety of flights between South Africa and Germany, as well as a variety of other international destinations. Simply use our online flight search feature to find cheap international flights with Lufthansa.
Cost of Flights on Lufthansa from South Africa
We analyse searches for flights on Lufthansa from South Africa that have been made during the last 24 hours. Below are the top 10 cheapest flights available.
Destinations Reached by Lufthansa
The airline currently provides flights to 18 domestic destinations and 197 international destinations. With over 270 aircraft, Lufthansa flies to 78 countries in Africa, USA, Asia and Europe.
Lufthansa Flight Classes
The Airline offers passengers a variety of onboard comforts depending on the flight class booked for the trip. When flying with this airline, you can expect the following class options:
- Economy Class – all passengers in this class are provided free access to a variety of main meals and refreshments, as well as on-board entertainment in the form of the latest albums and movies.
- Premium Economy Class – this class offers more legroom and a spacious seat with 7.6cm more space than regular economy class seating. The on-board entertainment features interactive screens and noise reducing headphones for the various latest releases (movies and music). Meals and drinks are offered free of charge.
- Business Class – this class offers spacious seats that convert to 2m flat beds. Device charging ports are found at each seat along with access to the latest media and entertainment, presented on a larger seat back screen than in the economy and premium economy classes.
- First Class – this class also features 2m flat seat-beds and charging points on each seat. Meals and drinks are available on demand. The seat back screens are larger than other classes and passengers have access to latest media and entertainment.
As of February 2017, the airline operates the following fleet of aircraft:
- Airbus A319-100: 30
- Airbus A320-200: 64
- Airbus A320 Neo: 4
- Airbus A321-100: 20
- Airbus A321-200: 43
- Airbus A330-300: 19
- Airbus A340-300: 16
- Airbus A340-600: 18
- Airbus A350-900: 3
- Airbus A380-800: 14
- Boeing 747-400: 13
- Boeing 747-8: 19
All aircraft are regularly serviced and maintained for the safety of passengers and crew members.
Baggage Allowances When Booking Cheap Flights
Passengers booking flights with this Lufthansa must comply with the baggage allowance limitations. Hand luggage must not exceed 8kg in weight and must be no bigger than 55cm x 40cm x 23cm.
Free checked-in baggage is allowed as follows:
- Economy: 1 bag of no more than 23kg.
- Premium Economy: 2 bags of no more than 23kg each.
- Business Class: 2 bags of no more than 32kg each.
- First Class: 3 bags of no more than 32kg each.
Excess baggage can be paid for at the airport baggage counters.
Check in Procedures for Lufthansa
When you book cheap international flights you can check in at one of the counters at the airport 3 hours prior to departure, on your mobile device or online.
- Machine Check-in: Open from 12 hours prior to departure.
- Mobile Check-in: Open from 23 hours priort to departure.
- Online Check-in:Open from 23 hours prior to departure.
Code share Agreements and Partnerships
Lufthansa currently has code share agreements with various other carriers in order to offer more routes and better serve passengers. The airline has code share agreements with Adria Airways, Aegean Airlines, Air Astana, Air Canada, Air China, Air Dolomiti, Air India, Air Malta, Air New Zealand, All Nippon Airways, Austrian Airlines, Avianca, Avianca El Salvador, Azerbaijan Airlines, BMI Regional, Brussels Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Copa Airlines, Croatia Airlines, EgyptAir, Ethiopian Airlines, Etihad Airways, Eurowings, German Wings, Iran Air, LATAM Brasil, LOT Polish Airlines, Luxair, Scandinavian Airlines, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, Swiss International Airlines, TAAG Angola Airlines, TAP Portugal, Thai Airways and United Airlines.
Book Cheap International Flights with Lufthansa
Booking cheap international flights to and from South Africa with Lufthansa is made a simple task right here! Our online flight search feature makes it easy to gain access to the airline’s latest specials and discounts. You can also find a variety of flights offered with Lufthansa to other international destinations. Get to where you need to be affordably, with Lufthansa and Cheap International Flights.